Via Newsweek Tumblr.
Looks like this video and billboard hijacking is the work of DesireObtainCherish, an LA-based street team. The work isn't exactly great art, but it's an amusing form of culture jamming, in which anti-consumerist activists subvert public advertisements.
According to the tags on the original blog post it's in east LA.
I kind of wish they'd done something else; the sentiment, while fun, isn't exactly deep enough for my tastes. But I'm not sure what.
What would you have written instead?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades